Ellice Maud Nosworthy
NOSWORTHY, ELLICE MAUD (1897-1972), architect, was born on 25 February 1897 at Neutral Bay, Sydney, second of four daughters of Robert John Nosworthy, who came from England and was secretary to Burns, Philp & Co. Ltd, and his native-born wife Maud Jane Eliza, née Smith. Ellice attended Redlands Girls' School under Gertrude Roseby and was dux in 1915. At the University of Sydney (B.Arch., 1922) she enrolled in arts in 1917, but transferred to architecture in 1919 and studied under Professor Leslie Wilkinson. She lived at Women's College, where she won (1919 and 1921) the Dickinson Cup for tennis.
Employed (1922-23) by (B. J.) Waterhouse & Lake, Nosworthy was registered as an architect on 26 June 1923. After travelling and working in Europe in 1924, she practised from her parents' home at Lindfield and specialized in domestic architecture. She made several extensive study and working trips to North America (1929 ...Read more at the source website